Bringing Books to Children Who Need Them
Children’s Book Project was founded to help
build literacy by providing free, new and gently used books to
children who need them.
- Children who have not developed some basic literacy skills by the time
they enter school are 3-4 times more likely to drop out in later
- 1 in 5 high school graduates cannot read their diplomas.
- 21 million Americans cannot read.
- We have given away over 2 million books.
- We have helped thousands of children build home libraries.
- We have provided books for thousands of classroom and school libraries.